BTCCI was established in the year 2003 under the umbrella of Dhaka Chamber of Commerce & Industry (DCCI) and is a listed joint chamber of the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI).
It was formed almost at the same time Thai-Bangladesh Business Council (TBBC) was formed in Thailand under the Thailand Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Trade.
BTCCI is run by a 15 (fifteen) member Board of Directors elected bi-annually by the General Members. It consists of Companies, Corporate bodies as well as individuals engaged in trade, commerce, industry, agriculture, manufacturing etc. The President, Sr. Vice-President, Vice-President, Director Admin and Director Finance are elected by the Board for a two term.
Over the years BTCCI has become a forum for discussion and establishment of business contacts and bussines promotions between Bangladesh and Thailand. It is growing steadily with induction of large, medium and small Companies joining up as members at regular intervals.
To accelerate economic prosperity of Thailand and Bangladesh through trade, business and investment.
To serve with commitment and dedication the business community of Bangladesh and Thailand for promoting trade, commerce and investment for the economic growth of both the countries.
- To promote and develop trade, investment and industry between Bangladesh and Thailand.
- To collect and provide business related data, information, circulars, rules and regulations etc. and disseminate these among the members.
- To identify difficulties and problems in investment and trade faced by members and take necessary steps to overcome those.
- To target new areas of business and investment and take appropriate steps to tap potential interested groups, joint ventures between Bangladesh and Thailand.
- To provide consultation service to members and to undertake by arbitration settlement of disputes arising out of business transaction.
- To provide recommendations to government in the area of trade, investment and industry related matters.
- To provide and coordinate as a forum to exchange, receive and promote business activities between Government Agencies, Private Organizations and other Chamber Bodies.
- To organize/arrange training programs, workshops, seminars, symposiums, trade delegations and trade fairs participation inside and outside the country.
- To issue document certification including reference letter, trade related documents etc.